Red Rice is a type of rice that is naturally red in colour due to the presence of a natural water-soluble color pigment - anthocyanin.
Red rice acts as a great alternative for white rice due to its nutritional value and the light feel even after consumption of red rice which is quite opposite in the case of white rice.
Since it naturally has a Low-Glycemic Index GI, (rate of mixing sucrose with your blood when consuming the respective food) makes it an absolute go-to meal for people with diabetic conditions.
Red rice contains comparatively high magnesium content that is great for improving oxygen consumption and its circulation throughout the body which makes red rice a good diet for people with asthma.
It has a high proportion of insoluble and soluble fiber. Hence, red rice ensures normal bowel movements free you from bloating, and helps in managing both diarrhea and constipation.
Also, it contains enormous calcium content that helps in maintaining and improving bones health. This enables the red rice to prevent diseases like arthritis, osteoporosis, and other bone-related diseases.
Red rice has zero percentage fat, making its own way to the hearts of fitness enthusiasts and people who want to lose weight.
However, to be honest with you, we add a small proportion of wheat for better binding to get noodles.
How to cook :
- Add noodles into boiling water for 5-6 minutes and drain the water.
- Rinse the noodles with cold water (optional)
- Add oil, mustard seeds, onion to a pan, and fry till they release their flavor.
- Add Vegetables like Capsicum, Carrots, Beans, and any other vegetable of your choice to the pan and let them cook.
- Add the drained noodles into the pan and mix till the veggies thoroughly mix with the Noodles.
Healthy and Tasty Red Rice Noodles is now ready to be served Hot.