Millets Flakes are flattened Millets which provides all the nutrients of Millets without any processing involved. Millet Flakes are Natural without any preservatives added.
How to Cook Millet Flakes ?
* Millet Flakes can be used as a cereal with just some country sugar or palm sugar with Hot streaming milk. This offers a distinct taste, you can also add Honey, Fruits and Dry Fruits as well to make it a whole meal.
* Millet Flakes can be cooked like a regular poha. Soak the flakes for few minutes, cook it along with vegetables for a quick breakfast.
* Millet Flakes can be grinded along with Ghee, Country Sugar and dry fruits to make delicious Millet Laddoos.
* Soaked Flakes can be also added while making kheer / payasam.
Benefits of Barnyard Millet
* It is a gluten-free millet that is rich in digestible protein. All ingredients in the Dosa Mix are also gluten- free.
* It provides low calories when compared with other cereals. Due to this, you will not feel heavy after consuming. Instead, you will feel light and energetic.
* People who focus on reducing their body weight can consume food made of Barnyard millet due to its low-calorie nature.
* It contains a huge amount of fiber content than any other grain. This helps in relieving your bowel from unhealthy conditions including constipation, bloating, and cramping.
* Barnyard Millet possesses a low Glycemic Index (GI). GI is the rate of increasing your blood sugar level. This decides how high your blood sugar level would go and the stomach heaviness or “food coma”. Lower the Glycemic Index, the better for diabetic patients.
* It holds a high amount of Lecithin- an essential fat for body cells that is spectacular for strengthening the nervous system.
* It also contains antioxidants that generally prevent heart diseases and even some cancers.