Barnyard millet or Kuthiraivali in Tamil or Sanwa in Hindi, or Oodalu in Kannada, or Udalu in Telugu, or Kavadapullu in Malayalam.
It is a gluten-free millet that is rich in digestible protein. But still, it provides low calories when compared with other cereals. Due to this, you will not feel heavy after consuming. Instead, you will feel light and energetic.
People who focus on reducing their body weight can consume food made of Barnyard millet due to its low-calorie nature.
It contains a huge amount of fiber content than any other grain. This helps in relieving your bowel from unhealthy conditions including constipation, bloating, and cramping.
Barnyard Millet possesses a low Glycemic Index (GI). GI is the rate of increasing your blood sugar level. This decides how high your blood sugar level would go and the stomach heaviness or “food coma”. Lower the Glycemic Index, the better for diabetic patients.
It holds a high amount of Lecithin- an essential fat for body cells that is spectacular for strengthening the nervous system.
It also contains antioxidants that generally prevent heart diseases and even some cancers.
How to cook :
- Add noodles into boiling water for 5-6 minutes and drain the water.
- Rinse the noodles with cold water (optional)
- Add oil, mustard seeds, onion to a pan, and fry till they release their flavor.
- Add Vegetables like Capsicum, Carrots, Beans, and any other vegetable of your choice to the pan and let them cook.
- Add the drained noodles into the pan and mix till the veggies thoroughly mix with the Noodles.
Healthy and Tasty Millet Noodles is now ready to be served Hot.