Barnyard Millet Pasta
Clean and Natural Millets are soaked overnight. Soaked Millets are then dried in Natural sunlight for hours and made into flour. The Millet flour is now mixed with purified water, salt, whole wheat flour and cluster bean flour for binding. The flour mixture is formed into sheets and then cut into the shape of pasta . The pasta is further boiled, spun into shape and dried for 2 days. The pasta is further checked for quality and packed with the Natural taste mix.
There are more than 60% of Millets in the mix, making it a very healthy way to consume Millet.
Cooking Method -
* Add Migal Millet Pasta to 5 cups of boiling water, 1 spoon of oil and cook for 2-4 minutes.
* Drain the hot water from the pan and rinse with cool water.
* Add 3-4 spoons of oil, mustard seeds, chopped onions, green chilies, cabbage, carrot, beans, tomato and cook till the vegetables get mushy.
* Add the Migal tastemaker and mix well. Then add the boiled pasta and mix well.
* Cook for 2 minutes. Tasty and healthy Millet Pasta is ready for serving.
* Store in a dry place.
* Once opened store in a airtight container and consume within a week.
Benefits of Barnyard Millet
* It provides low calories when compared with other cereals. Due to this, you will not feel heavy after consuming. Instead, you will feel light and energetic.
* People who focus on reducing their body weight can consume food made of Barnyard millet due to its low-calorie nature.
* It contains a huge amount of fiber content than any other grain. This helps in relieving your bowel from unhealthy conditions including constipation, bloating, and cramping.
* Barnyard Millet possesses a low Glycemic Index (GI). GI is the rate of increasing your blood sugar level. This decides how high your blood sugar level would go and the stomach heaviness or “food coma”. Lower the Glycemic Index, the better for diabetic patients.
* It holds a high amount of Lecithin- an essential fat for body cells that is spectacular for strengthening the nervous system.
* It also contains antioxidants that generally prevent heart diseases and even some cancers.