Barnyard Millet Puttu Mix
Clean and Natural Millets are soaked overnight. Soaked Millets are then dried in Natural sunlight for hours before its roasted. The roasted Millets are rested for few hours, then its grinded into flour. The flour is rested for few hours and then roasted again. The puttu flour is further rested before its packed into pouches.
There are more than 70% of Millets in the mix, making it a very healthy way to consume Millet.
Cooking Method -
* To 1 cup of Migal Millet Puttu Mix, add 3/4 cup water by adding in small quantities. Add Salt as per taste.
* Let the mixture rest for 20 mins. Check consistency of the mix, if required sprinkle more water to regain the consistency.
* Layer the puttu maker with the mix and coconu shavings.
* Cook for about 10 minutes till the pressure comes out.
Note - You can have it with Channa Masala, Country sugar or Coconut sugar as per your taste.
* Store in a dry place.
* Once opened store in a airtight container and consume within a week.
Benefits of Barnyard Millet
* It is a gluten-free millet that is rich in digestible protein. All ingredients in the Dosa Mix are also gluten- free.
* It provides low calories when compared with other cereals. Due to this, you will not feel heavy after consuming. Instead, you will feel light and energetic.
* People who focus on reducing their body weight can consume food made of Barnyard millet due to its low-calorie nature.
* It contains a huge amount of fiber content than any other grain. This helps in relieving your bowel from unhealthy conditions including constipation, bloating, and cramping.
* Barnyard Millet possesses a low Glycemic Index (GI). GI is the rate of increasing your blood sugar level. This decides how high your blood sugar level would go and the stomach heaviness or “food coma”. Lower the Glycemic Index, the better for diabetic patients.
* It holds a high amount of Lecithin- an essential fat for body cells that is spectacular for strengthening the nervous system.
* It also contains antioxidants that generally prevent heart diseases and even some cancers.