Pearl Millet Puttu Powder
Clean and Natural Millets are soaked overnight. Soaked Millets are then dried in Natural sunlight for hours before its roasted. The roasted Millets are rested for few hours, then its grinded into flour. The flour is rested for few hours and then roasted again. The puttu flour is further rested before its packed into pouches.
There are more than 70% of Millets in the mix, making it a very healthy way to consume Millet.
Cooking Method -
* To 1 cup of Migal Millet Puttu Mix, add 3/4 cup water by adding in small quantities. Add Salt as per taste.
* Let the mixture rest for 20 mins. Check consistency of the mix, if required sprinkle more water to regain the consistency.
* Layer the puttu maker with the mix and coconu shavings.
* Cook for about 10 minutes till the pressure comes out.
Note - You can have it with Channa Masala, Country sugar or Coconut sugar as per your taste.
* Store in a dry place.
* Once opened store in a airtight container and consume within a week.
Benefits of Pearl Puttu Mix
* Pearl millets contain a natural chemical component named phytic acid that looks after your cholesterol levels (maintaining the levels of good and bad cholesterols). Unlike other millets, Its higher vitamin niacin content reduces bad cholesterol intensely.
* Pearl millet is a good source of nutrients that helps in maintaining the health of hair, skin, and nails including protein, vitamin B6, niacin, iron, zinc. Regular consumption of pearl millet ensures that you won’t be deficient in these minerals.
* It also has a low calorie density food which is really good for fitness enthusiasts and for people who are trying to lose weight.
* Since it naturally contains Low-Glycemic Index GI, (rate of mixing sucrose with your blood when consuming the respective food) makes it an absolute go-to meal for people with diabetic conditions.
* It also helps people that suffer from metabolic diseases like cardiovascular and reduce cancer risks by its antioxidants content.
* Pearl millet is a gluten-free millet that is rich in digestible protein and it provides low calories when compared with other cereals. Due to this, you will not feel heavy after consuming. Instead, you will feel light and energetic.