Ragi Puttu Mix
Clean and Natural Millets are soaked overnight. Soaked Millets are then dried in Natural sunlight for hours before its roasted. The roasted Millets are rested for few hours, then its grinded into flour. The flour is rested for few hours and then roasted again. The puttu flour is further rested before its packed into pouches.
There are more than 70% of Millets in the mix, making it a very healthy way to consume Millet.
Cooking Method -
* To 1 cup of Migal Millet Puttu Mix, add 3/4 cup water by adding in small quantities. Add Salt as per taste.
* Let the mixture rest for 20 mins. Check consistency of the mix, if required sprinkle more water to regain the consistency.
* Layer the puttu maker with the mix and coconu shavings.
* Cook for about 10 minutes till the pressure comes out.
Note - You can have it with Channa Masala, Country sugar or Coconut sugar as per your taste.
* Store in a dry place.
* Once opened store in a airtight container and consume within a week.
Benefits of Ragi
* Finger millet (Ragi) naturally contains Low-Glycemic Index GI, (rate of mixing sucrose with your blood when consuming the respective food). So, it makes an absolute go-to meal for people with diabetic conditions.
* Ragi contains enormous essential amino acids and carotenoids that are crucial for hair growth and even has anti-microbial characteristics when applied as a paste to the scalp that combats dandruff. Since this product is noodles, it is not advisable to apply it to the scalp. :)
* The essential amino acids also contain isoleucine - a component that boosts the rate of recovering injured muscle tissues. Consuming ragi regularly will have its positive effects on your body.
* Since it contains a huge amount of calcium, it promotes bone health in growing children and even restores lost bone strength in adults. It even pushes people to the safer side from getting bone diseases.
* Ragi or Finger millet is a gluten-free millet that is rich in digestible protein and it provides low calories when compared with other cereals. Due to this, you will not feel heavy after consuming. Instead, you will feel light and energetic.